Boardingware's integration with Magnus Health allows staff to view student allergies and emergency contacts directly in the student profile of Boardingware.
Magnus Health Integration Credentials
Within Magnus Health, navigate to Admin Dashboard > API Integration Settings and obtain:
- Client ID
- Client Encryption Key
- Registration Code
Boardingware Integration Set Up
Within Boardingware, navigate to School Management > Data Integrations and select Add Health Integration, you do not need an active Boardingware SIS Integration to enable Magnus Health Integration. Copy the parameters above into appropriate fields.
Note: Magnus Health must be already configured with SIS, a standalone Magnus Health cannot integrate with Boardingware.
Vendor Key Source
Before Magnus Health information will appear on the student profile, each Boardingware student must be have their Magnus Health 'vendor key' imported into Boardingware. There are two options:
- SIS Sourced: If Boardingware is already connected to a compatible SIS (currently Senior Systems & Veracross are supported) then this can become the source of the Magnus Health vendor key and no further set up is required.
Note: Please contact us if your SIS also integrates with Magnus Health and think this option should be available to you.
- Manually imported: The Magnus Health Vendor Key can be imported using the CSV import functionality in Boardingware, see the next section.
Importing Vendor Keys via a CSV import
- Export Vendor Keys: Within Magnus Health, navigate to Admin Dashboard > Reports > VHR Reports, choose Create CSV next to Student Information Report and download the resulting CSV (Tip: click the small question mark to show the download option)
- Export Boardingware Students: click here to see how you can export students from your account
- Merge the two CSVs: pull over the vendor keys into your Boardingware export/ csv spreadsheet. Please be aware that mixing up vendor keys will mix up critical medical data.
- Import into Boardingware: Update your database by following the instructions here. Please ensure you assign 'Magnus Vendor Key' field to column containing vendor key.
Once this has been completed, navigate to a student profile to confirm that Magnus Health is connected successfully.