This guide will help you ensure your iPad is setup securely to be used with the Kiosk mode application found within the App Store.
How to enable Guided Access on iPhone and iPad
1. Launch the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
2. Tap on General.
3. Tap on Accessibility.
4. Tap on Guided Access under the Learning section.
5. Tap the switch to turn on Guided Access.
6. Tap on Passcode Settings.
7. Tap Set Guided Access Passcode and set a passcode.
8. Toggle Accessibility Shortcut to On, which allows you to triple-click the Home button and enter Guided Access at any time.
How to use Guided Access
- Launch the Kiosk App.
- Triple click the Home button to launch Guided Access.
- Tap on Options in the bottom left corner to choose whether or not you want to grant access to the Sleep/Wake button, Volume buttons, touch screen, and motion. Tap Done to save your selections.
- Tap on Start at the top of the screen to begin Guided Access.
Once Guided Access is enabled, anyone trying to leave the specific app you've locked it to will receive a banner message telling them to triple-click the Home button to exit. If they don't know the pre-set passcode, they won't be able to exit Guided Access.
Have more questions about Guided Access? Let us know by replying with the chat icon in the bottom right hand corner of your screen!